Discover the origins of the cava industry at the old Fassina de Can Guineu distillery, current Cava Interpretation Centre. Learn the secrets of cava, the history of the vines, the effort and persistence of its main characters and the spirit of celebration that have turned both cava and Sant Sadurní d'Anoia into a unique product and town.
Come to Heredad Segura Viudas and you will discover the ancient relics that certify the agricultural character of this territory. You will walk through our vineyards to discover the old centenary relationship that humans have established with this lanscape and its inhabitants. You will enter to the wine cellar to know about the details of the fruits of the Heredad. Come and enjoy from a place where cavas and wines are made in harmony.
What does it include?
At the Cava Interpretation Centre you will find:
- A guide will accompany you along the visit to discover the history, the patrimonial heritage and the incluence of cava in town
- A 3D projection on the world of cava and Sant Sadurní
- The Phylloxera Festival Room with the giants muppets that take part in the festival and a projection
- Large format audiovisual in the old cellar
- Cava tasting paired with a snack
At Heredad Segura Viudas Winery you will enjoy from:
- At Heredad Segura Viudas the guided tour starts in the vineyard where the visitor is introduced in the viticultural practise, vegetative cycle of the vine and the main features of the natural surrounding and biodiversity
- It continues in the cellar and through the underground galleries explaining the cava making process
- After the tour you are able to taste our wines and cavas accompanied by a appetizer
Recommendations: It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes due to the fact that part of the guided tour at Heredad Segura Viudas is done through the vineyard and also because during the tour, you will go up and down different stairs.
Check the price for 8-17 years old kids.
The visit incorporates all the security measures against covid-19.
Visiting safely. How does it work?
Keep at least 2 metres away from other people
Capacity of 10 people per visit. Members of the same household are allowed to walk together
Please follow the arrows indicating one-way routes
Please follow directions given by CIC Fassina staff
Disinfectant hand gel available at various points
Wear protective masks
Single-use 3D glasses
Left-luggage service temporarily out of service
If you need to go to the bathroom, ask the Centre staff